Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Snow

Snow makes me think of peace. 

In a world that is constantly moving fast and changing without notice, words hurting sometimes and disappointment reigning, everything slows down when it snows.  The world is calmed.  People look out windows and smile.  Families home from work and school, fires are made in fireplaces and the craziness of our busy schedules put on hold as the world is covered in a soft blanket of white.

When snow falls the world outside feels quiet.  Like it’s sleeping. 

I love the crunch of boots on the snow underneath and my white breath hanging in the air, dancing.  While it snowed this winter I usually found myself indoors, working, but even the thought that snow was falling outside put me in a good mood.  I couldn’t wait to sit down with a cozy blanket, sip hot coffee and watch the snowflakes fall, lost in my thoughts.  I was also antsy to put on my winter boots and march out into the snow like a little kid.

A lot of people think I’m crazy for loving cold weather and snow, but it reminds me of growing up in Cleveland.  It takes me back to my childhood, building forts filled with snowballs, sledding on hills so steep, and using my imagination to create snowmen that would catch the eye of anyone passing by.

Snow. 

Little drops of white slowly falling above.  Making patterns and designs on store windows.  Turning trees into beautiful winter works of art, a mysterious new wonderland waiting to be explored. 

A lovely dance between the sky and the earth. 

I love snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment