Friday, February 24, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Awake

I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo. She calls it "Five Minute Friday" and we just write...without worrying if it’s just right or not.

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. We let our mind and our words and our heart fly free; wild – no editing, no over thinking.

Today's topic: Awake.

Ready? Set? Go.

In the winter snow covers the ground in a blanket of white as the earth sleeps. Quietly waiting for the light and breath of spring.

I look out my bedroom window almost every morning to see the sky as the sun comes up, bold and beautiful. Wondering what the day will hold, what I will do, think and feel.

Not so long ago my soul was awakened by a trip to Thailand and the opportunity to serve others instead of myself.

Loving kids at an orphanage and separation from all things familiar forced my soul awake, no longer sleeping under the blanket of white.

After that trip so many things in me were forever changed. I look out the window as snow quietly falls...

Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment