Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Finding Balance

Just as spring, summer, fall and winter all come and go, so do the seasons in our lives.  Sometimes we take on the adventures of life at a crazy, fast pace.  There are other times when our routine is more relaxed.  But no matter what season of life we are in, each day requires balance.  This, I am discovering, is easier said than done.

Currently I am in the crazy, fast paced season of my life.  Two jobs, school, and family are claiming my time and making me long for the days when I knew what it was like to sleep in.  Although it can be hectic at times I'm certainly enjoying the adventure it brings.  It's tough trying to manage a schedule and make time to fit everything in.  There are a few things I do in this crazy season to help maintain balance.

The biggest life saver to me is writing everything down.  All appointments are written on my calendar and all tasks are written on a list.  To help my calendar stay organized I use different colors for my jobs, school and personal appointments.  It helps a lot!  I love making lists.  Writing down everything that needs to get done in the day is a good motivation to actually do it!  I love the feeling of crossing something off my list after finishing a task.  Even small things go on my list, and when looking back at the end of a long day I can feel a sense of accomplishment for what has been achieved.
 
I also think that it is important to schedule time for a little break.  Even 5 or 10 minutes helps clear my mind and keeps me refreshed when I have so much going on.  It could be a quick drink at Starbucks, a walk outside in the fresh air, or sitting down to read or work on something that's just for fun.  But the most important thing is to make sure that although I'm busy I don't neglect the relationships in my life with the people who are important to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment