Friday, February 8, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Bare

Welcome to Five Minute Friday.  Where we sit down and write for five minutes.  There is only one rule:  No edits! :) Write and let it be.

Today's prompt:  Bare.

Ready. Set. Go.

Sometimes writing is like therapy.  It's necessary and healing and calming.  Other times it's like baring you soul to the world and standing helpless and afraid as they judge you.

I bare my soul with my mouth and with my actions, but I'm affected much more when I bare myself with words in print.  When the words are spoken and the actions made, it then becomes a memory, shared only with those involved.  When the words are on paper, shared and left for all to see, it becomes a courageous thing.

And though sometimes it's scary and unsure, there are beautiful times when words left with ink encourage and inspire.  That is my wish as I write.  That  each sentence, word and letter will bring life and lift up those that read it.

Stop.

Your turn!  Write for 5 minutes and link up with Lisa-Jo.
Hugs to you,
Tiff

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! I love your idea that writing is that 'courageous thing,' even more so than our words and actions at times. I never thought about it that way but I think you're so right! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving love from FMF. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather, so nice to meet you too!

      Delete