Thursday, January 19, 2012

Don't ever forget us

Written Friday, July 16th, 2011

I will miss Thailand. How the air smells like spices. How everyone greets you with the "wai". How the days go by slower. I will miss the spicy food and all the unique fruits.

But more than any of that, I will miss the people, I have made many friends here.

On Sunday in Phetchabun, Dtoi asked me why I came back to Thailand. "Because I missed all of you." I said.

"We missed you," he said, "And I prayed that you would remember us and come back one day, and you did. Don't ever forget us."

I looked at him and said "Never. I could never forget you. And I will come back."

I meant every word with all of my heart. I will never forget my friends in Thailand. I will leave Thailand today, but everyday I will think of them and pray for them.

And I will go back again. One day, because I know I will miss them too much not to.

-Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment